How To Find The Best GPS Watch
When trying to choose and compare GPS watches, it can get downright confusing. What features do YOU need? Do you need it to hook to your computer? Have an app on your phone or ipad like the GPS watch in the picture? Keep track of your heart rate AND provide GPS?
There’s SO MUCH to choose from and think about when comparing these watches.
But don’t stress it, George has a lot of helpful tips to help you find the best GPS watch for YOUR needs.
Running GPS Watches – How to Find the Best Multifunctional Sports Watch
Are you looking to buy a new running GPS watch? If so, this article will really help you. We will start by taking a look at the benefits of using a GPS watch, followed by a look at some features to keep an eye out for. We will then finish with a look at the main brands and their product ranges.
- Keep Track of Your Speed: if you’re serious about pushing your fitness to higher levels, then it’s important to be able to constantly track your progress. Being able to accurately keep track of you speed is very important.
- Plot Accurate Running Routes:with the watch’s built-in GPS unit, you will be able to design a route that specifically fits your needs in terms of distance and terrain.
- Never Get Lost: this ties in with the benefit above. The built-in GPS will mean that you won’t get lost or veer off course.
- Monitor Your Physiology: being able to know your heart rate at any moment can be extremely useful when you are training to build up your fitness level.
- Record Your Progress: being able to record all your data and compare it over a long period of time, can be very useful in tracking your progress and setting goals.
Main Features of a Good GPS Running Watch
- Waterproof: this is extremely useful if you plan to go out running no matter what the weather is like. It also means you can use your GPs for swimming as well.
- Comfortable: it’s no good having a sports watch that’s full of all kinds of great features if the watch is uncomfortable to wear.
- Good Display: so you can clearly see your vital statistics at a glance.
- Reliable GPS: when you’re out running in all kinds of terrain and weather conditions, you need a GPS device that will constantly keep track of where you are, whether you’re in woodlands, in deep valleys, or just in an extremely rural area.
- Computer Connectivity: it’s very useful to be able to easily transfer all your training data to your computer.
- Bundled Software: once you have your training data on your computer, it’s very useful to have some software to help you make sense of the data and use it as part of your training plan.
Top GPS Running Watch Brands & Their ProductRanges
- Garmin: $75-$367. The leader of running GPS watches. They have a good range of products to suit most budgets and requirements.
- Polar: $83-$470. As with Garmin, a good range of products across a wide price range.
- Suunto: $87-$600. Not quite as good a product range as Garmin or Polar, but still some great sports watches here.
- Timex: $42-$235. A selection of good value watches with heart rate monitor, etc.
Still not sure which GPS watch to get? Visit Running GPS Watches [http://runninggpswatches.info/] where you will find reviews of all the top running GPS watches, including the Garmin Forerunner 205 [http://runninggpswatches.info/garmin-forerunner-205-gps-receiver-and-sports-watch-review]
Garmin GPS Watches on Sale Today:
Polar GPS Watches On Sale Today:
Suunto GPS Watches on Sale Today:
Timex GPS Watches on Sale Today: